WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- Unique personal identifier (e.g., device ID, online identifier)
- Internet Protocol address
- Email address
- Account name
- Driver’s license number, or
- Other similar identifiers
- Financial information, including credit card numbers
- Commercial information (e.g., purchase history)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, interaction with our website, etc.)
- Professional, employment-related, or other similar information
In some places on this website you have the opportunity to send us personal information about yourself, to elect to receive particular information, or to participate in an activity. For example, you may fill out a form, a survey, or an e-mail form and you may elect to receive educational material about our products and services.
You also may choose to allow us to personalize your visits to the website, in which case we will ask you for certain personal information to make your visits to our website more helpful to you. When this information is combined with the information that we collect through cookies (described below), we will be able to tell that you have visited our website before and can personalize your access to our website, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you.
HOW DOES MICOMA KEEP AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this website to provide you with access to this website. In addition, we may keep and use your personal information:
- to respond to your requests
- to personalize your access to our website, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information
to contact you with information that might be of interest to you
for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- to link your name or your IP address to web pages you visit, for compliance, marketing, and sales activities
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc.). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this website
- to protect our rights or property
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
DOES MICOMA EVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Micoma will not share your personal information collected from this website with an unrelated third-party without your permission, except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use different vendors or suppliers to provide you products that you order on our website. In these cases, we provide the vendor with information to process your order such as your name and mailing address. In cases in which we share your personal information with a third-party, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting website visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this website
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- fulfill obligations relating to a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Please note: In addition to the ways that we may keep, disclose, and use information described in this Privacy Statement, we also may keep, disclose, and use personal information in ways that we believe are consistent with governmental guidance, directions, regulations, and laws, where applicable.
COLLECTING ONLINE INFORMATION
If you visit our web site to read or download information, such as information about a services or products, we may collect certain information about you from your computer. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser. This information may include:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- The Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) of the computer you are using
- The type of browser and operating system you are using
- The date and time you access our web site
- The internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our web site
- The search terms you use
- The links on which you click
Cookies: We also may collect this information through cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies (“cookies”), that work through placing a small file (like a text file or graphic) in the browser files of your computer when you visit. The cookie may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect information for business purposes, such as enabling essential website functions and improving the user experience. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our website may not work properly for you if you do so. Micoma may use third-party tracking and advertising providers to act on our behalf to track and analyze your usage of our sites. These third parties may collect, and share with us, as we may request, website usage information about visits to our sites, measure and research the effectiveness of our advertisements, and track page usage and paths followed during visits through our sites. Also, these third-party providers may place our Internet banner advertisements on other sites that you visit, and track use of our Internet banner advertisements and other links from our marketing partners’ sites to our sites. To the extent the information collected on Micoma’s behalf by these third parties contains any personally identifiable information, we will protect it in accordance with this privacy statement.
CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt out of some cookies as you choose, see the descriptions and links below.
Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site to set preferences and opt out of third-party targeting cookies.
WHAT DOES MICOMA DO WITH NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Non-personal information is information that cannot identify you or be tied to you. We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve this website. We will use non-personal information from you to help us make this website more useful to visitors. We also will use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content
- customize the information or services that are of interest to you
- share it with or sell it to third parties
- provide aggregated information on how visitors use our site, such as ‘traffic statistics’ and ‘response rates,’ to third parties
HOW DOES MICOMA PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
Certain of our webpages permit you to create a user account and login to that account. The information in this section applies to those webpages:
Viewing/Editing Personal Information: You may change the information you have provided by logging into your account and editing the information.
Storage of Personal Information: Micoma may store your personal information on servers where Micoma operates. If you choose to close your account, we will maintain copies of your information in our internal records, systems, and databases, in accordance with our data retention schedules. We will continue to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Protecting Personal Information: We take security seriously and take a number of steps to protect your personal information. You also play a big part in protecting the privacy of your personal information. When you create an account, we ask you to select a password that is unique to you. To protect your personal information from unwanted disclosure, you should not give your password to anyone with whom you would not share your personal information. Our website may also log you out after a period of inactivity and require you to log in again. When you are ready to leave this website, always “log off” and close your browser to help protect the confidentiality of your information.